Covers of Pinball Wizard

>What bands covered it? <Pinball Wizard>

Here's an obscure one:  The University of Wisconsin Varsity Band put out a
version on an LP, I think in 1981.  Unfortunately, the only copy of this LP
in the Madison public library system has a big scratch on it (then again,
maybe that's actually a blessing).  The UW's own library system has many LPs
by their band, but to the best of my knowledge not this one!  I keep meaning
to call the Band office but haven't gotten around to it...

On a related note, the UW music archives DOES contain the LP with the version
of "Pinball Wizard" by Bobby Shad And The Bad Men.  I like putting these
covers on tape, mostly for amusement (but sometimes they're actually good and
well-performed interpretations). Sadly, I couldn't check out Mr. Shad's LP
because it was in a special collection (!?!) that could only be checked out
by Music Dept. faculty or graduate assistants.  If there are any UW people on
this mailing list who can help me out with either of these two cover
versions, I'll buy you one of those legendary Babcock Hall ice cream cones!

On a related note, I'm surprised that certain songs have rarely or never been
covered, like just about everything on Who's Next or Quad, or any of John's
songs (has only Boris been covered?).

Rich