Who In Cincinnati

Mark Leaman wrote:

t's true, if the band had insisted
on reserve seating, they might have gotten it. The chances are they didn't
even think about it. Of course, they had no idea about what would
happen...who would?

----------end----------
Mark, your point is well taken--they probably honestly did exert any
influence because they didn't think to.  But in specific reference to
Cincinnati, they should have been made aware of previous incidents at
Riverfront (for Elton John and Led Zeppelin shows circa 76-77). There had
been festival seating oriented problems before.

I am more disturbed by the Who's use of festival seating at post-1979 shows
than I am by its use prior.  Certainly, at later shows (the ones I know about
are some shows in Europe in 1980 and at Shea Stadium in 1982), the band
should be thinking about stuff like that--that's Curbishley's job.

Jim