Re: JAE & The Rock?

Jon, re:

>does anyone know anything about an apparent number of live shows John
Entwistle did in mid-1988 fronting a band called The Rock?

The band from 1988, was simply called "The John Entwistle Band" and included
Tim Gorman (keyboard player from "It's Hard" and the '82 tour). I still have
the glow-in-the dark "Boris" web t-shirt! The year before he embarked on a
similar "mini-tour" with a band called, "Rat Race Choir", performing mostly
"Leeds"/"Who's Next"/"Quadrophenia" material... With the '88 band, he was
promoting his "new album", which he even got to the point of previewing on
the NYC, WNEW Scott Muni show, but he never released the damn thing. When I
saw him in '88, the only solo song he did, was "Love Is A Heart Attack". The
other stuff he did was his own Who songs, some regular Who songs and the
"new" stuff, which was pretty good. He also participated in a band called,
"The Best" in 1990, which included Simon Philips and Joe Walsh and they
played in Japan. There John performed "Boris", "My Wife" and a great
performance of "Too Late The Hero"...

WF <~