Re: The Who Digest Vol 2 Num 286

>Can you explain why you feel this way? I'd say that Roger's definitely made
>better solo albums than Pete. For one thing, Roger's a natural for it because
>HE's got the rock voice. Unless you can't get past the fact that they aren't
>songs he wrote (for the most part) the music seems to rock better than Pete's
>stuff (plus, he's used Entwistle).

I would have to say that IMHO Pete's albums are much better than Roger's
(with the exception of IRON MAN). Whoever decides what material to use for
Rog (even if it's him) has made some damned poor choices. Giddy, for one
glaring example, on ONE OF THE BOYS. PARTING SHOULD BE PAINLESS has Daltrey
singing almost as a nightclub entertainer (where is that Rock voice?). And
so on, and so forth...I don't want to go on about it, and I like most of
Daltry's albums. Some are great, like UNDER A RAGING MOON and RIDE A ROCK
HORSE. I just think that Townshend's are much better.

                 Cheers                     ML