Re: Maximum BBC

re:

>Just picked up a CD today at the local Record Den, it was located
in the Import Bin.  I've never seen it mentioned on here, but I wondered  if
anyone out there could give me a hand with id-ing it.

> The CD is called The Who - Maximum BBC.  It's a Red Robin Records

Congratulations. You've purchased your first Who bootleg! Just make sure that
when the FBI rings your door bell you hide it where they can't find it! (jk)
This CD was recorded off of a series of BBC (British Broadcasting Company)
promotional CDs which each contained several tracks on them. The origin of
the material is that The Who recorded these songs (some unique--not recorded
for their own records, some differenet versions of their own stuff) for
promotional airplay (ie Raido shows) on British radio during the period
(approximately) 1966-1970. Personally, I think it's great stuff. My only
complaint is that one of the anouncers cuts in over the studio version of
"Sumertime Blues". However, I was able to find the actual BBC promo disc,
which had the song without that, and of course that one sounds better! Enjoy
it...

WF <~