The Who "poll"

It really has been fun reading everyone's answers to these, so I'll come out
of hiding myself.

>first album purchase
I became a radio/music junkie in the mid 70's- my first was either Steve
Miller Band's book of dreams, or the Rocky soundtrack (when there was only
ONE Rocky movie!)

>first exposure to the Who
I remember the song "Who are you" from the radio-I had taped it, but didn't
go far enough to get the album. It wasn't until the Face Dances era that I
really became obsessed, and then went back and got everything else!

>first concert
The Who-Shea Stadium 1982. I was 13 years old, and sent postcards to WPLJ in
NYC (it was classic rock at the time) and WON tickets to the concert! There
was no other way I would have been able to go at that age, but when I won the
tix, my parents had to arrange for me to go!
It's true that the shows in the 70's with Moon kicked the butts of all the
shows since, but I was so glad for that opportunity to see them in 82! (and
then 4 more times in 89!). Although the horns were a bit much, I think the
Giants stadium shows in 89 were quite excellent, even if not the "real Who"!

>Last albums bought
The remakes of LAL, and Sell Out, as well as a Queen bootleg

>Why the Who are so important
They got me through my teenage years! I don't think I went anywhere for those
5 or 6 years without my walkman and Empty Glass, or Quadrophenia. Not too
many groups in music have their passion and creativity. Although I like a lot
of the other "classic" bands, they have tended to stick to formulas
(especially the Stones), where PT would go out on a limb and try out new
ideas.

To Mike, Marty, and WF: I was also at those Daltrey shows in 85. Those were
good times! My friend and I went and met Daltrey backstage at the Capital
theater show, but I was too starstruck (and blown away by how short he is in
person!) to say anything intelligble!

Long Live Rock everyone!
Jacky