Re: When You're A Mod, You're A Mod...

>>Rumors I've heard via the "America On Line Playbill Broadway Tommy" bulletin
>>board  (A chat board basically dedicated to teenage girls talking about how
>>when they grow up they want to play Nora Walker on Broadway and how cute
>>Anthony Barille is {the guy who played Cousin Kevin.} -- They've HEARD of
>>Pete Townshend, but probably think he's mainly a broadway composer -- WFang,
>>don't torture yourself by logging on to this board!)
>>
>>Anyway, back to the 3 rumors:
>>
>>#1.  Pete is working on a (and I quote) "A West Side Story Version of
>>Quadrophenia for Broadway."
>>
>>#2.  Des McAnuff (Director of Broadway Tommy) is working on putting The Iron
>>Man on stage.
>>
>>#3.  A "new" movie based on the BROADWAY Tommy.  Apparently, this has already
>>been cast and is expected to either start production or be realeased in
>>December of 96.

By the Universal Mind, let's hope that Townshend doesn't attempt to bring
QUADROPHENIA to Broadway! The album defines Rock, and has no business being
diluted as entertainment.
The other two I can live with. IM can be skipped and another TOMMY movie
could work, if it's not done AS a play brought to film.
How about Rumour # 4 (which has no truth in it, since I just made it up):
PSYCHODERELICT being made into a Who album.
 Cheers                ML