Vedder vs. Townshend

	With all the recent talk of Pearl Jam and Eddie Vedder, I would
like to ask people how they would compare Vedder's songwriting to
Townshend's.  Pearl Jam has become my second favorite band and it's due
in large part to EV's lyrics.  I personally think that he and Townshend
are very similar.  Both make social comments (EV: "RATS"), political
(EV: "Glorified G")  and most importantly they both use songs to tell
stories (EV:  "Daughter","Jeremy") (I'm assuming you all know PT's
contributions in each of these areas).
So what do you think?  Can they be compared?

Shanon Dell                     |
Radio/Television Department     |  "Deaf, dumb, and blind boy, he's in a
University of Montana           |   quiet vibration land..."
tommy@selway.umt.edu            |                   -- The Who's "Tommy"