White City & The KinksSun Dec 7 12:50:57 PST 1997

>I wouldn't say it's a slum, although mostly black people living
>there (hey, that's not a criterion for a slum, isn't it?). Next to the
>estate is the White City stadium, now holding a famous London soccer
>club which name is behind my memory now. The opposite side is
>bounded by a highway (w/mounted speed traps...).

Didn't realise that White City was anything more than an old Stadium & a
tube station. The Stadium you walked by incidentally is NOT White City
stadium - that's long gone - it was Loftus Rd, home of Queen's Park Rangers
which is in the heart of Shepherd's Bush. White City Stadium was further
north towards the Westway.

>Something I'd really like to see is a Pete Townshend/Ray Davies solo album,

A bit unlikely I would have said - the two don't get on very well - Davies
has always maintained that Townshend ripped off the first two Kinks singles
with 'I Can't Explain'.

Paul
Old St
London