Firsts and lasts (for now)

Hi Everyone!!

Since everyone else is jumping on the "firsts" subject string, I thought I'd
chime in as well....

First record: I started my musical life as a complete Beatles maniac, thanks
to my oldest sister Donna's influence (16 years my senior). So, my first vinyl
was "Meet The Beatles" at the age of seven (1972). Quickly snapped up "The
Beatles' Second Album", and "Something New" soon afterwords.

First WHO exposure: Again, thanks to my sister Donna for her good taste. She
was 20 when "Tommy" came out, and she would sit with the libretto and the
album cover and explain the story to my brother and I as we listened with her.
She skipped "Live At Leeds" (why, Donna, why???), but she played the shit out
of Who's Next and Quadrophenia. AT the time I thought it was so cool that this
"Who" band gave out a booklet with pics and lyrics with almost every album.
Finally, I was 9 years old when my whole family went to see the Tommy movie,
at my sister's insistence. That, my friends, was ALL she wrote!! I learned all
there was to know about the band, scooped up all the articles and magazines I
could find (anyone else remember the WHO issue of the "Super Stars Of Rock"
poster magazine series??), and the coup de grace: for my 10th birthday, per my
desperate request, I received every WHO album up to that point (WHO By Numbers
had JUST come out: I bought it at Korvettes' for $4.99 vinyl).

First concert: Like Jeff Williams (I think), my first live show was Alice
Cooper, the "Welcome To My Nightmare" tour at Madison Square Garden, with
Suzie Quatro opening. Wild show; the smell of pot was EVERYWHERE!! Alice (aka
Vincent Furnier) was absolutely ahead of his time with his brand of rock
theatrics. A true original...

WHO concert experiences: Meadowlands Arena, Oct. 10, 1982
			 Shea Stadium, Oct. 12 & 13, 1982
                         Live Aid, London, July 13, 1985
			 Radio City, NYC, June 27, 1989
			 Giants Stadium, June 29, July 2 & 3, 1989
			 Veterans Stadium, July 9 & 10, 1989

Solo WHO Experiences: Roger Daltrey - Capitol Theatre Dec. 1 or 2, 1985
				      Madison Square Garden, Dec. 15, 1985
				      Carnegie Hall, NYC, Feb. 23, 24, 1994
				      Wolftrap, Va. Sept. 10, 1994

		      John Entwistle - Chuck Berry's NYC Birthday Concert,
				       Felt Forum, Oct. 1986
				       Stone Pony. NJ Summer 1988

		      Pete Townshend - Massey Hall, Toronto 7/10/93
				       Beacon Theatre, NYC, July 12 & 13, 1993
				       Tower Theatre, Phila., July 15 &
							      Aug. 10, 1993
				       Jones Beach, NY, Aug. 12, 1993
				       Paramount Theatre, NY, Sept. 10, 1995
 				    		 	 Last record/CD
bought: Working Class Hero - A tribute to John Lennon - for the beautiful,
haunting version of his "Grow Old With Me" by Mary Chapin-Carpenter. It's
going to be the song I and my fiancee Terri dance to at our wedding next May
11th.

Last WHO record/CD bought - Pure Rock Theatre - Incredible version on Young
Man Blues.

And hey, Mike Donnelly - you bet I remember the Daltrey Xmas MSG 1985 concert
- what a night!! And thanks for the kind words about discovering WHO bootlegs
through me. I remember the first time we met very well. And I'm glad that
we're still as into the WHO today as we were as Rutgers students.

And as for the "lasts", as indicated in the title of this message:
Unfortunately this is the last message I'll be sending to the WHOlist for now.
I've been accessing the list via my PC at work, and I've just discovered that
there is a charge for every message received by my mail ID. With all the hot
topics (and, of course, the petty needless feuding of late, as well as the
desire of some on this list to send 1 to 2-line replies to everyone with an
opinion), the messages are coming in hot and heavy, and I've got to find an
alternate method with which to access the list. So, I'll be temporarily
quitting the main WHOlist. However, those of you who still need to contact me
re: trades, personal matters, etc. can still send me e-mail via my current ID.
I'm currently weighing options re: a home PC. Where's my WIZ card? While I am
temporarily taking myself off the list, please note that this is only
TEMPORARY. I love this list and those people on it. I feel like we're all
brothers and sisters united in our love and admiration for all that Pete,
Roger, John, and Keith have given us. In any event, I WILL return to this list
in the near future, whether it's via my niece's home PC or a PC of my own. I
WILL return!!!!!

Lastly, for those of you in the NJ area, I'm throwing a 30th birthday party
for myself (my actual birthday was Tues 10/31--no ego comments, please!!!)
this Saturday night, November 4th, at Orphan Annie's Restaurant and Bar. It's
located on Valley Road (NJ local route 512) in Stirling, NJ. It's free food,
cash bar, and rock 'n roll all night!!!! And we'll definitely be playing WHO
stuff---probably "Substitute", "The Seeker", and bunch of other stuff!!! So
this is an open invitation to ALL WHOlisters to show up and have a good
time!!!

Thanks everybody, and I will speak to you all VERY SOON!!!!!!

Marty Secero