First Who

Hello fellow WHO fans!  Just thought I'd stop lurking and add my own 2
cents to the "First Who" bit.  There's been quite an interesting variety
so far.

> what was your first album purchase

Well, my first album was actually a gift and was, believe it or not, It's
Hard.  My parents got me a boom box for Xmas 1982 and wanted to know what
group I liked.  When I said the Who, they went out and bought the newest
who they could find to go with the box.  Later that day, my cousin say
that I had It's Hard and told me that it was an OK album, but I should go
out and get Who's Next.  Later that week, I picked up Who's Next, was
blown away and then proceeded to buy the entire Who catalog by the next
summer.

> what was your first exposure to the Who

During the summer of 1978, I was at my grandparents house for a couple of
weeks with two of my other cousins.  One of them had a tape of Who songs
that he had recorded off the radio, one of which was Pinball Wizard.  He
had other Tommy stuff on there too, See Me, Feel Me comes to mind.  I
loved the music right from the first time I heard it.  I'm just sorry it
took me so long to get the albums.

> first concert

Roger Daltrey's WNEW Christmas Benefit at Madison Square Garden  in 1985.
  Remember that show Marty?  (Marty S. came through with a ticket for
me).

Mike