Re: me again- i feel like WF~

At 16:08 10/31/95, Mishura, Michael J. wrote:
>indulge me a bit- we all come from different backgrounds and places,
>how did we get here? specifically,
>
>     what was your first album purchase?

My first single was "Snoopy and the Red Baron", by The Royal Guardsmen, I
believe.  Never was much of a singles buyer.  My first album is harder to
recall, but was probably either something by Paul Revere and the Raiders or
The Monkees (both of which I still like, BTW).

>     what was your first exposure to the who?

Oh, the occasional single floating by in the background, but my first REAL
exposure was to Tommy in March 1970.  I was 14.  I went out and bought
"Tommy The Who" and was absorbed, off and running.  (BTW, all you
reading/responding to Michael's question:  do you fit into Roger's
observation that with Who music there's a GRAB somewhere between ages
14-16, and another fan is made?)

>     what was your first concert?

Sigh.  Because I love you all, I'll reveal that it was The Association,
headlining after a group called, I think, Mercy, a one-hit group with a
single called something like "Love... (Can make you happy..)"  I got
better, but I still like The Association...

Alan

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend