New Pete Townshend Demos...

Just got some interesting demos in today's mail, which included the lyrics
for the following from Pete's ol' typewriter (including typos as Pete typed
'em): (Reviews to follow--long post)

"The Lazy Fat" (aka "Lazy Fat People")

Lazy and fat they are, they are.
And because they are all the same..
They laugh and exclaim
"The young are so funny"

They burn in the sun, the sun
And though painfully pink, when it rains
They always complain
"We all paid our money."

Oh! The lazy fat people
Are a terrible sight to see.
And the lazy fat people will
Get the better of you and me.......

Lazy and fat they are, they are
Their children diet till thin
To leave more for them
"To save us some money."

Oh! The lazy fat people will
Try to sit on you and me
If we don't watch out theyll
Get the better of you and me.

How to tell the young from the
Lazy fat is easy to do.....

LAZY FAT ARE PINK (them) AND THE
BEAUTIFUL YOUNG ARE BLUE (you).

"King Rabbit" (Did a very grand thing.)

King rabbit sat down
And feeling less important sitting stood again
King Rabbit then found
Standing is so tiring gives your legs a pain
But Rabbit lookeddown at all the other rabbits
Who called him their king..
And King Rabbit did a very grand thing

He stayed standing
Oh what agrand thing
He stayed standing
What a grand thing!

King Rabbit was a very good King.
King Rabbit did a very grand thing!

King Rabbit was dying no more influential
At his peoples time of need
The docters were trying
To convince him that he shouldn't move, he took no heed
King Rabbit though dying
Said I must set an example for am I not a King?
And King Rabbit did a very grand thing.

He stayed standing  (at the time of need)
Such a grand thing   (THo dying took no heed)
Stayed standing       (for his rabbit creed)
What a grand thing.....

King Rabbit etc.

The material: "See Feel, Here From You": actually, "I Can't Reach You". Kinda
plain vanilla compared to the Who version, but the end gets a bit
interesting. "Relax". I think I like this better than the Who version. Seems
like Pete recorded this the same day as the "Rael" demo. Has the same feel...
"Pictures Of Lily". Unedited version compared to that on "Another Scoop" and
a bit longer. "I Can See For Miles". No different from version on "IBC Demos"
or the CD of "Obscure and Oblique" other than the sound quality is
outstanding. "Glittering Girl". Sounds almost like they just added the drums
and bass to clean this up for "Sell Out". However, this version is a bit more
interesting. "So Sad About Us". Unedited from the version on "Scoop" about
twice as long and Pete gets carried away with the reverb at the very end.
"Languages". A very wierd song. It reminds me of another Pete song, which I
can't place right now. "King Rabbit" (didn't get to listen to too much of it,
but the few seconds I heard sounded cool!) "Lazy Fat People". Very similar to
the way the Barron Nights recorded it, 'cept Pete uses a flute for some parts
and changes his voice at parts to make him sound like a "fat person"...

So... there you have it!

WF <~