Re: The Who in the Studio

>          I agree with Mark's statement, but let's not forget,
>          SATURDAY NIGHT wasn't a Townshend song. I just don't think
>          he can write anymore for the entity called the Who.  If they
>          can do another studio album with some power behind it, yeah,
>          I'd like to hear it.  Otherwise, don't bother.

Jim:

Of course. I don't think he needs write "for The Who," but just write and
let them choose (as in the old days). I can think of several songs that
would have worked. Like Stardom In Acton, Give Blood, Secondhand Love,
English Boy, Brilliant Blues...
And we must remember that Townshend was trying to change the sound of The
Who during the FD & IT period. That is one reason they were weaker (although
I don't think IH is so bad).
       Cheers                        ML