Re[2]: "I Can't Explain" solo

          The 2 Jimmy Page 'Session Man' lp's
          (which are pretty awesome IMO)
          show the future Zep-ster
          in the early 60's playing some pretty hot stuff
          not unlike the 'I Can't Explain' solo
          (or the Kinks' "You Really Got Me"
          "All Day & All of The Night" solos)
          and does make me suspect that it's JP
          out in front during the breaks.

          This is not to slight Pete or Dave Davies,
          who I think are incredible guitarists,
          but both may not have been as accomplished
          in those early days as they became later
          on,after extensive recording and performing.

          (plus it was not uncommon then to bring in 'hired guns'
           to an established band's recording sessions...
           hey,even the Beatles did that!)

          Just a thought........

          Carl