CD Shows

> Good day, 'Oo fanatics....
>
> I was wondering how does one find word of CD shows coming to their area?
> In the past, for me at least, it has been either word of mouth or just
> dumb luck.  Is there an on-line location on the internet which gives an
> updated summary of upcoming CD shows in different parts of the country?
> Or am I just SOL?

Go to your local record store (or bookstore) and pick up a Goldmine
magazine.  In there you'll see dates and locations for the various
shows.  If you wait long enough, you'll eventually find one near
your house.  I just went to my first one in Richmond VA a month ago
and now I'm on their mailing list.