Re: merry xmas mr. who

Michael asks
> hi- can anyone recommend this boot? it comes in a 2part package, so
> before i  shell out 50 bills for it, some pre-purchase feedback would
> be welcome
>
> my main question is the quality- how is it? i checked the who boot web
> page, but no quality info was available- thanks!

Though I have only the first part (Quad stuff), I think I can tell
you the following:

- Sound quality "typical '73", that means not good, not too bad.
(It seems that the speed of the recording is a little bit unstable, so
PT's guitar is "howling" sometimes...)

- IMO remarkable is the long & funny talking between the songs (the
Quad story is told in short form)

My favourites on it are _I'm One_ (though Pete's voice is a bit
quiet) and _Drowned_.

Chris.

PS: On the sleeve is noted "Live at Sundown, Edmonton", but, as far
as I know, it should read "Live at Edmonton Sundown, London, Engl."

--- "Now I have to make some rainstorm noises on my guitar"
--- PT on that show, while the bloody tape didn't start running