re: Live Aid

I've always wanted to get my hands on the complete video footage of their Live-
Aid set.  I taped it at the time  but the fact that its incomplete really bugs
me.

I know a lot of people bagged their performance but to me it was pretty
incredible. I had only been a serious Who fan for a year or so at the time and
pretty much resigned to the fact that I'd never see them live.  It was, I think,
about 2 or 3 in the morning and when they came on, the sight of Roger and Pete
wondering around while John was tuning up sent chills down my spine, all to be
destroyed by one (possibly two if memory is correct) satellite problems.  I seem
to remember that, along with Queen, The Who's set was one of the longest played
that day/night.

To this day it remains the closest I will ever get to seeing them "live" and is
one of my most treasured Who memories.

Denis
LAL#003325

PS - re: Squeeze Box - I have a Power Macintosh at work and the chord it plays
on startup, whilst undoubtedly different, makes me think of the opening chord to
Squeeze Box every time.  I wonder if there are any Who fans at Apple....