Quadrophenia, WBN

Hi Wes,

I am losing the focus of this thread. So I will try to be succinct. If you
asked me if I had to choose one who album, bootleg or studio, I would be on
my way with Quadrophenia. Maybe Live at Leeds.(Original, or Release) The
feelings I am conveying with regard to WBN, simply reflect my belief that
the albums high points, for me, are very high. As good as it gets. For me.
Certainly not every track. There are some who may interpret an opinion or
statement by me or another as a challenge, or direct comparison to another
body of work. I am not doing that. Its kinda shallow. I have memories
stamped in time by all of the whos work at various times. Sonically,
Quadrophenia is a technical marvel. Acheived at a time when records did not
sound THIS good very often. (The Mobile Fidelity Quad release is
brilliant.) It was the kind of sound that inspired me, that kicked my ass
towards wanting a career as an engineer. Though at the time, the music,
most notably tommy, Leeds, whos next, and Quadrophenia simply helped me
survive. Not unlike many on this mailing list, no doubt. Everyone this list
LOVES the who :=)

Regards, Scott

"It all looks fine, to the Naked Eye,
 but it don't really happen that way at all."

 Pete Townshend