Re: Unplugged

Jeff sed:

>I realize that Tommy is popular as a Broadway show, and perhaps rightfully so,
>but Pete, don't give
>up your day job if you plan to do theatre forever.  Maybe Lifehouse as a  basis
>for a new one
>would be neat, but I think it was beginner's luck on the theater stuff.

Not quite so much *luck*, I think the original material (Tommy - the
*album*...remember, folks?) was what carries the thing on B'way.

As for Unplunked, I agree with Ian - MTV is a generally evil festerance.
What started out as a great thing has been yanked away by agents and
musician-wannabe posers.  I think PT should do his own SOLO acoustic show,
someplace cool like the Royal Albert Hall and release it as a solo work.
His performance from the Secret Policeman's Ball still brings the hair up
on the back of my neck, even with the screwups!

I'm a big fan of Clapton, but his muzak version of Layla made me ill.
Thank God (no pun intended) he released From The Cradle and redeemed
himself to the people who've been sticking it out with him for the past ten
years.  Can't wait for a John Mayall/Bluesbreakers reunion album!

OK,
KLW