doing unplugged

Actually, it would be a good format for him.  Since his electric stuff sounds so wimpy nowadays, and
the acoustic don't lie, and will sound how it sounds, then this is the right place for him. Plus, his
Secret Policemans thing was an early unplugged, and I thought the playing was great.  He should be bugged
again to do this.  He is creative enough to do great things.  Hopefully he will get around to it, and also
bother to have good musicians.  Also, none of this bullshit with string sections that are there for appearances
sake, i.e. Nirvana and Hole (I mean could you REALLY hear it?). I mean, I LOVE both those unplugged shows,
it's just that the strings were never really audible.  I thought the orchestra with Daltrey was
well executed, though, although not part of an unplugged.  Who else's stuff has "worked" on MTV?  Let's see..
Stone Temple Pilots worked exceptionally well in that forum, but then again the guitarist has his shit
together and their material was translated correctly to acoustic.  Lose the Clapton stuff though. Just made a
wimpy "feel" feel even wimpier.  Would've loved to see Cream unplugged, though.  Sheryl Crow worked out well, even
if it's a bunch of studio musicians who got rich by ripping off Stuck in the Middle With You by Steeler's Wheel.

And maybe Townshend will get the acoustic sound in those Unplugged tapings to sound better than all that have
gone before.  All the Unplugged I have heard indicate the sound engineer, and perhaps the musician, had not
the slightest foggiest idea as to how to get a decent acoustic sound on that damned show.  What is the
problem?  It ALWAYS sounds hollow and flat.  C'mon folks, they've been recording acoustic guitars for years.
My grandma can record it better than MTV.  Get with the program...

Jeff W.