Re: Pete T interview in Spin

On Wed, 22 Mar 1995 RichL27314@aol.com wrote:

> The 10th Anniversary issue of Spin has a pretty good interview
> with Townshend ...

Here's a trivia quiz for you all: in it, Pete says, "My analytical
process as a writer is based on a control group of mods, five boys and
one girl from Shepard's Bush who came backstage to see me in the 60's
and said, 'We love what you do and you must go on doing it.'  To this
day my work is 80 percent what I think that group wants me to say and
20 percent whatever froths up."

One of the boys was Irish Jack according to the interview; who were
the other 5 mods?  Not that I know, myself.  (I really wanna know...)

Alan
#009099

"When I'm onstage...it's not like bein' possessed, it's just --
*I* *do* *my* *job*."  -- Pete Townshend