Re: What got you hooked ?

Back in the late 70's I was a BIG Beatles fan.  The first song I remember
ever hearing is "Back in the USSR" around the age of three.  I was immediately
hooked and added to my parents collection as the years went by.

However sometime around 1978/79 I remember hearing "I Can See For
Miles" on the radio for the first time and was completely blown away.
I never got the name of the band so I just forgot about it.  Funny
that it was around that time that I also loved this song they were
playing on the radio, "Who Are You".  I never made the connection.
A couple years later a neighbor friend bought "Face Dances" and that
just about had me hooked.  I bought Face Dances and from there
bought every Who album (commercially) possible.

Without a doubt the Who have now replaced the Beatles as my #1 band,
and it's been that way for a long time.  I like a lot of bands and
might temporarily place them on a pedestal, but the Who never go
away.