Re: Tommy on Broadway

> > As for the show's strong point, I would have to say that "21/You
> > Didn't Hear It" came off much better than the original version, if
> > only because you can tell who is saying what and see the drama with
> > Tommy's returning father who finds his wife with her lover.  It was,
> > for some reason, very moving in a terrible way to watch them scream at
> > young Thomas "You won't say nothing to no one, never in your life."

In the movies, Tommys father got murdered. After returning from
war as a hero, surviving the plane crash. That always seemed
to disturb me, and may be one of the reasons that i dont really
like the movie. In the play, its the opposite, where the father
murders the lover. ( Of course, murder itself isnt cool, but as
far as the story goes, to me I prefered the father to make it home
and continue his life with the mother and Tommy,

I always thought that the movie may have come off better if it happened
the way the Broadway show comes off. I didnt like the lover in the
movie ( forgot the actor and charecter names.) But thats just my
opinion.    ;^)

Pete