Leeds comments...

I'd have to agree with the popular sentiment that this is a great
reissue.

I picked up the special edition (as I don't have an original vinyl to
get the inserts) and was especially impressed by the layout. It looks
like there's a record in there. Wow!

As for the music, it's great, though I've heard bootlegs with more
spectacular versions of individual songs.  As a whole though, it
really flows well.  In the beginning, you can tell the band is warming
up -- it takes Keith a few songs to really get into the swing of
things, but by "I'm a Boy" he's knocking 'em all down.

"A Quick One While He's Away" rocks, period. It's just as good as the
Rolling Stones' R&R Circus version (I like being able to hear Keith on
backup vocals!)

I was hoping to hear Spoonful too, so I'd agree that that would be the
big bummer of the release.

A few other things I noticed:  as mentioned, the echo effect on Magic
Bus is a little annoying (though kind of cool, especially on
headphones).  Did anyone notice that they'd un-reversed the guitar
part right before the vocals kick in?  I guess that answers the debate
about whether or not Pete had the tape-loop equipment on stage.

Also, the "subliminal" thing at 8:48 (or so) in My Generation is still
there. It must be Pete (or someone) signalling Roger to start singing.

As far as it needing to be a 2-disc set, I disagree. 2-cd sets bug me,
since I don't have a multi-disc player.  I'd rather be able to listen
to the whole thing uninterrupted, even if it's not the full show.  And
I've heard Tommy live so many times now..  but that's just personal
preference.

I think I've located the source for the bootleg CD track I was trying
to pin down a few months ago where Roger says "This is our first gig
in England..."  Funny, that.

Anyway, kudos to MCA.  Let's hope the rest of the reissues are this
good.

Wes
(who has resubscribed to the list after a strange email glitch)
Proud owner of Limited Edition disc #3965.