What happened at MCA?

For years MCA Records has released their CD catalogs with the barest
packaging possible with average to poor remastering.  Why the sudden
improvement, change of ownership?   As of now Live at Leeds is the
best re-issued rock album I can think of, and I have many re-issues.
They've improved their approach over what they did to the Hendrix catalog,
which I give kudos for inserting all of Hendrix's period singles with "Are You
Experienced".

As for a expected letdown on the following re-issues, it doesn't
have to be.  If the people in charge of this project (Astley for
one) stick their neck out and sort "Who's Next" in a different order
it could be interesting.  If you want to hear "Who's Next" the way it
was originally intended, just program your player.  That's why "Live
At Leeds" sounds so fresh, the original tracks have been mixed in with
the unreleased.  With "Who's Next" you have a excuse because of the
intended Lifehouse project.  Im really curious to know what extra
tracks they are going to stick on "Who By Numbers" and "Who Are You".