Re: Inferior Who Video

> The mention of Bill Curbishley pulling the Isle of Wight video brought to
> mind another
> "inferior" product.  That's the '89 Universal Ampitheater show.  Clearly
> something was technically wrong that evening, as Pete's vocals and guitar
> are barely present, apparently being picked up from some secondary source
> (the audience mike?) when he
> is spotlighted (opening of "Pinball Wizard", vocals in "Sally Simpson", etc.).
I would kill for that Isle of Wight video. Period.  Just put the victim
in front of me, and the video behind it.  Yes, Virginia, some things are worth
a human sacrifice..

Re: 89 PPV: I found that with Townshend's hand being bandaged, he
skipped over the great acoustic parts on the Overture and Amazing Journey.
I kinda lost interest after that ballparking.  He also ballparked the opening
chords, so I'm not gonna start that argument again!!!!
Finally I had the proper acoustic stuff on the Overture tabbed, since Pete
wasn't gonna reveal his secrets live, and yes, there are a few tricky ones
in there, requiring some scrutiny.  Once again, he never gives up the tough
secrets easily.....

I could have done without Bucky Beaver and Suzanna Straightlace doing the
MC-ing on the PPV.  Jeez what a buncha crap!  The sound was good overall,
tho, and I liked all the oldies, but I didn't take too kindly too the
cutting off the last song mid-song.  Hell, we were paying for it, no?

JW