A Quick One review

Well, I haven't gotten Sell Out yet, but I got A Quick One today and thought
I would share my semi-complaints with you all about the album:

The album (except for "Run Run Run") is in MONO...which confuses me- I
thought they were remastering the album to acheive stereo sound; I know that
there are probably people out there that are fans of the old vinyl mono
sound, but my opinion is that if you're gonna remaster an album, it should
sound as beautiful as possible without adding actual music to the tracks.
 Stereo, I believe would add to the tracks.  Furthermore, the disc itself
says STEREO on it...so that's a contradiction right there.
"Happy Jack" is MISSING.  We don't know where the hell it is.  It certainly
is not on the album, which makes NO SENSE to me.  The "acoustic version"
(which is quite nice) is on here, but why on earth would they get rid of the
original?
The tracks from "Ready Steady Who" are on here, except for "Circles," which
is also unexplainable.  The entire booklet from the EP is in the liner notes,
but the track is missing.

So, apart from those, I guess I'm not too upset with the album.  The "My
Generation" alternate take (previously only available on the "Life With the
Moons" bootleg) sounds great, and so do "I've Been Away" and "In the City"
are great to have on the disc, same with "Man With the Money" (which we had
from the Max BBC boot).
I'm not positive, but I think "Batman" is a different take...there's no false
start as the instrumental break begins.

That's all for me, I think I'm also gonna post this message over in the
alt.music.who newsgroup, and if anybody gives me new info from there I'll
post it.

Perhaps one day, my friends, we will find someone from a record company who
DOESN'T think they have control to change an album's original concept...but I
guess that's more of a problem with Sell Out (so I've heard), and that's
another story....

Back to Live at Leeds I guess,

Jay