Re: Fate of Harry Nilson (also not a Who posting)

>I heard that some band member from Motley Crue had named their
>kid after the "late" Harry Nillson.  When did he pass away and from
>what?  He'd been here and there recently..... Of course his passing
>marks the death of the last of the terrible trio in L.A. in '73, '74
>(Moon, Lennon and Nillson).  Could you have imagined partying with
>these guys?  I'd be dead after the first week.  Lennon? Nillson?  No,
>the more
>liquor, the more drugs, they'd just produce and album or two in a few days
>to make up for it.  I don't mean to glorify it, but .... amazing....

I think Lennon only hung with Moon and Nillson for a brief period when Yoko
tossed his butt out of the house.  It resulted in his writing "I'm So Tired" for
the white album.

Nillson died something like a year ago, and I think it was from that old English
rock star killer: liver problems.  Imagine that.

Here's some of the great ones who went down (or NEARLY went down) due to liver
problems:

1) Harry Nillson
2) James Honeyman-Scott (Pretenders guitarist)
3) Chris Wood (woodwinds, Traffic)
4) Steve Winwood (close call in the mid-70's - resulted in a total lifestyle
change)
5) Rory Gallagher

Any others come to mind?

OK,
KLW

PS: Going to the King Crimson show tomorrow night :)  I'll send a brief review
to anyone who's interested (I know *you* are, Ian!)