Reissues

On Fri, Jun 2, 1995 3:45:03 AM TheWho Digest wrote:

>A Quick One has added: Batman, Bucket-T, Barbara Ann, Disguises (all from

>RSW EP), Doctor Doctor, I've Been Away, In The City (B-sides), Happy Jack

>(unrel acoustic version), Man With Money (unissued cover of Everly
Brothers
>song - doesn;t say whether it's the BBC recording or not), My
>Generation/Land of Hope & Glory (described as "...with feedback freakout
>while the band sing patriotically).

Hmmm . . . . this is kind of interesting.  The track list I found on the
MUZE computer only had the last three tracks listed as bonus material (you
could also include Heat Wave, which I don't think was included on the U.S.
album).  I sure hope this new track list is correct.  But what about
Pictures of Lily?  Wasn't that also recorded around this time?  I know
everybody and their brother already have this song on umpteen CDs, but I
was hoping they'd collect all the '66 material for this CD.

Is this going to be remixed as well a remastered?  I like to hear the
entire album in stereo, especially since I already have the orginal
Euro-import, which is mono.

> Who's Next, plus Pure & Easy (unissued New York 'fast' version), Baby
Don't
> You Do It (studio, with Leslie West on guitar, unrel), Naked Eye, When I
Was
> A Boy, Too Much of Anything, I Don't Even Know Myself, Let's See Action.
Personally, I'd have saved Baby Don't you Do It for the expanded Odds and
Sods, and included additional Join Together, Relay, and possible Water.
Maybe they threw it on because the live version is already slated for O&S
(though it could easily have been included on the planned live
retrospective).

> It adds that the tapes for the Who's version of "Time is Passing" are
> irrevocably damaged, while their recording of "Mary", if it was ever
> recorded, has been lost.
NOOOOOO!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!  Those idiots!!!!!!!!!  Charlesworth said that
a guitar track was missing from Time is Passing, but he never said it was
"irrevocable damaged."  Could it be that Pete simply refused to re-record
the guitar track? Or maybe, like the Isle of Wight material, the sound
quality just isn't up to Charlesworths' standards.   I was really looking
forward to hearing this track.  Life sucks.

Regarding the Quadrophenia re-issue.  Since I already have the definitive
Mo-fi CD, I hope they'll do some remixing.  Judging from the movie
soundtrack, there are plenty of synth and piano parts that didn't make the
final mix.  This album will NOT fit on one CD.  I'm not sure about the
bonus track material.