RE: A Quick One re-issue

> June edition of Record Collector reports that the next batch of Who CDs is
> close to completion and should be out in July or August.  Next batch being A
> Quick One, Sell Out and Who's Next.

Thanks Mark for this info.

> A Quick One has added: Batman, Bucket-T, Barbara Ann, Disguises (all from
> RSW EP), Doctor Doctor, I've Been Away, In The City (B-sides), Happy Jack
> (unrel acoustic version), Man With Money (unissued cover of Everly Brothers
> song - doesn;t say whether it's the BBC recording or not), My
> Generation/Land of Hope & Glory (described as "...with feedback freakout
> while the band sing patriotically).

Certainly more than three.  There is one curious omission though:
Just You And Me.  This tune is a great one.

> Who's Next, plus Pure & Easy (unissued New York 'fast' version), Baby Don't
> You Do It (studio, with Leslie West on guitar, unrel), Naked Eye, When I Was
> A Boy, Too Much of Anything, I Don't Even Know Myself, Let's See Action.

Anyone think P+E and Baby....are the same as "From Lifehouse to Leeds"?  Me
thinks so.

> It adds that the tapes for the Who's version of "Time is Passing" are
> irrevocably damaged, while their recording of "Mary", if it was ever
> recorded, has been lost.

Then what was that interview with Charlesworth about?  I thought
they had found a Who version of Mary.

to jeff williams and others who were into the "X is better than
Kenny Jones" thread; I have THE guy who should've replaced Moon.

(drum roll please)

The drummer who played with John Entwistle on "Whistle Rhymes".
What makes it uncanny is his drums sound exactly like Moon's on "Who By
Numbers".  But that's not why I chose him.  He's fluid and chooses
his fills with taste.