RE: A Quick One re-issueSun Dec 7 12:36:50 PST 1997

>From: BKawa@aol.com
>Date: Wed, 31 May 1995 21:44:38 -0400
>Subject: A Quick One re-issue
>
>HI all,
>A local store has one of those computer catalogs.  It has both A Quick One
>and Sell Out as being released 6/95.  Of course we all knew that.  What I
>found interesting and disappointing is that it said A Quick One would
contain
>ONLY 3 extra songs (no it didn't list what they were)!  It also did not say
>if they were unreleased songs or not.  They might just tack on some of the
>non-LP singles that were out around the time the album was released (like
I'm
>A Boy and Subsitute).
>
>"Several songs, ads, and jingles" are to be on Sell Out which jives with
what
>the last Generations listed.  Quadrophenia was listed with a 8/95 release
>date.  There was no mention of extra songs.  The running time was listed as
>80 odd minutes which is the length of the original LP.  No news on Next.
>
>Bruce

June edition of Record Collector reports that the next batch of Who CDs is
close to completion and should be out in July or August.  Next batch being A
Quick One, Sell Out and Who's Next.

A Quick One has added: Batman, Bucket-T, Barbara Ann, Disguises (all from
RSW EP), Doctor Doctor, I've Been Away, In The City (B-sides), Happy Jack
(unrel acoustic version), Man With Money (unissued cover of Everly Brothers
song - doesn;t say whether it's the BBC recording or not), My
Generation/Land of Hope & Glory (described as "...with feedback freakout
while the band sing patriotically).

Sell Out, plus Real 2, Top Gear (ad), Glittering Girl (unrel), Coke 2 (ad),
Melancholia, Bag o'Nails (ad), Someone's coming (B-side), John Mason's Cars
(rehearsal), Jaguar (unedited), John Mason's Cars (reprise), Early Morning
Cold Taxi, Coke 1(ad), Hall of the Mountain King (unrel), Radio One (Boris
mix) (ad), Girl's Eyes, Odorono (final chorus) (unrel), Mary Ann with the
Shakey Hand (electric version), Glow Girl.

Who's Next, plus Pure & Easy (unissued New York 'fast' version), Baby Don't
You Do It (studio, with Leslie West on guitar, unrel), Naked Eye, When I Was
A Boy, Too Much of Anything, I Don't Even Know Myself, Let's See Action.

It adds that the tapes for the Who's version of "Time is Passing" are
irrevocably damaged, while their recording of "Mary", if it was ever
recorded, has been lost.

MCW
                       [] [] [][] [][] [] [][] [][] [] []

** FOR YOUR REFERENCE **

Requests to be added to or deleted from The Who mailing list should
be sent to majordomo@cisco.com with the following in the body of the
message (NOT the Subject: line):

subscribe thewho-digest

or

unsubscribe thewho-digest

To get moved from the digestified to the non-digestified list, send
mail to majordomo@cisco.com with the following two lines in the body of
the message:

unsubscribe thewho-digest
subscribe thewho

Questions about the list should be sent to the following service
address:

thewho-owner@cisco.com

Regular messages should be sent to thewho@cisco.com.  They will appear
in the next digest.  The digest is generated automatically on a daily
basis at 3:45 AM PST, if queued messages are waiting.

                           eques** End of TheWho Digest **