Update - Roger in Oz

Dates I'm aware of at present are:

    Sydney      -   Friday October 20 @ Sydney Entertainment Centre
    Melbourne   -   Sunday October 29 @ Flinders Park

*** Note for Melbournites: tickets are on sale NOW! ***

Tickets for Sydney go on sale Monday (same time as Joe Cocker which may or may
not affect queues).

Don't know any other dates yet but presumably he's playing Brisbane and maybe
Perth.

The disappointing thing is that this is being marketed very much as a Who thing.
The girl at Ticketek didn't know what I was on about when I asked about Roger
Daltrey.  After a few questions she asked "Oh! Do you mean The Who - yes here it
is, The Greatest Hits of The Who tour....".  Also, the posters I've seen have
"Who's Coming?" emblazoned across them.  Anyway, should be good given that it's
really the first Who-related activity in Aust. since 1968.

He gave a good interview on Denton (Aussie comedy show) last night and there was
a My Generation jam with Chris Isaak, Dick Dale and the drummer from The Doors
which was pretty cool.  Still a hint of bitterness there though - when the topic
of Pete's hearing came up he implied that it was only a problem for Pete when
Roger wanted The Who to get back on the road...

On another note, one paper mentioned that the film on Keith Moon was something
which Mel Gibson was intending to direct and that he and Roger would produce.
We shall see....

Regards,
Denis.