Live Aid--plug pulled again

Well, ladies and gents, ten years has passed and the plug has been
pulled again on The Who.  I don't think I'll be the only one
to write to our list complaining about the pathetic editing
done on the band's set from 10 years ago.  I have a tape from
the Dick Clark special that night from Philly and the
edit on WGFA is not too bad, but the VH-1 edit raped the song.

There is a gap during the section before the final synth break
where Townshend is jamming and he appears to tell John to
turn down his amp (is that a first?).

I know it was just bad luck with the My Gen black out, but why
not make time for the whole WGFA, or did they need more time to
for the Thompson Twins and Hall and Oates.  What a let down.

P.S.  I never saw where Pete went during the Band Aid section
but he was standing behind the grand piano with Kenney Jones.
Rog, on the other hand, was up front belting it out with
Adam Ant.  Couldn't see the Ox.

Kudos, though, to Vh-1 for showing what they could and
for the great opening with WGFA prominent.

Tom Davis-- "don't get fooled, don't get taken for a ride"