Re: Apollo 13/I Can See For Miles

On Thu, 13 Jul 1995, Alan McKendree wrote:

> On Thu, 13 Jul 1995 DONNE053@mailgate.navsses.navy.mil wrote:
>
> > Greetings Fellow Whoheads!  I just thought some of you would like to know
> > that I Can See For Miles is in the Apollo 13 Movie soundtrack.
>
> I'll just throw in here that the first time _I_ knew of it was when I
> saw it listed on the credits at the end.  So the playing of it slid
> right by me, and I'm pretty well primed to hear snatches of Whodom.  I
> did hear identifiable samples of Jefferson Airplane and Jimi songs,
> but ICSFM must have been very damn faint, or else I was really
> concentrating on the movie and not the soudntrack.  So don't go
> expecting _too_ much.  But yes, it is on the soundtrack.  Wonder which
> version?

I must admit that I too did not hear the song in the movie and was
equally surprised to see that mentioned. I may want to go see that
again ( thought it was a good flick ) so I will pay more attention to
that scene.

The only movie that I have heard a Who song in ( recently ) was
"Goodfellas" where Henry |Hill was driving around NYC all coked
up in the last 45 minutes. Magic Bus from Live at Leeds was the
song.

Pete