Re: Who Tribute Album

>Pete writes:
>And I was thinking which groups would sound
>best doing which songs, and this is something
>that I used to think about even before I learned
>of the possible new record.

>Stone Temple Pilots doing "Naked Eye"...
>( Imagine that deep voice singing "Take a little dope..."

Excellent!

How about:
Green Day:  "My Generation"
  - MG needs a young, fresh, energetic, frenetic flavor

Little Village: "Squeeze Box"
  - Imagine John Hiatt's vocal and Ry Cooder's solos...

Eric Clapton: "Sunrise" or "Sally Simpson"
  - Hard to disassociate EC with "Eyesight To The Blind" but the guitar lines
    of these two songs are mind-boggling in their potential

Sting: "Gettin' In Tune"
  - I'm not normally a fan of Sting, but his vocal ability is stupendous, and
    he has a history of at least two brilliant vocal interpretations of other's
    songs ("Come Down In Time" from the Elton John/Bernie Taupin tribute *Two
    Rooms*, and his version of "Little Wing")

This is fun...

OK,
KLW