introduction

Hello everybody,
 I've already posted once, but I haven't really introduced myself. Alan
thought this might be a good into. It sort of explains how I got into the
Who to begin with. So here goes.
 I first got into the who back home in Cincinnati, OH. I had heard their
stuff before the concert and liked it, but it wasn't until after the
concert and all that happened that I became a major who fan. That probably
sounds sick, but you really had to be there to understand. I went to the
concert. No one knew what had happened (including the Who) until
afterwards. The concert was amazing ( I've since found a bootleg of it).
And afterwards we went out for food and got home late to panic stricken
parents. We heard what happened and saw the news. The Who got a lot of bad
rap from that concert (though none from the parents of the kids who were
killed).  It had nothing to do with them. It had to do with the lousy way
Cinti handles concerts. Anyway, there were t-shirts and signs from fans
saying things like "The Who Cares". It was really amazing the way the fans
really stuck together and defended them to the press, and others. I
realized even more what an incredible group the Who must really be to have
a following like that. I listened to them more and got so hooked I wanted
everything. So I started collecting and reading. I've got a rather
interesting collection now. But that is how it kind of started for me. As
I listened to the lyrics of PT they really attracted me and, in my
adolescence, made me feel maybe I wasn't so fucked up after all. I think
for me the albums that have hit me the hardest are "Who by Numbers" and
"Quadrophenia". Perhaps an odd choice, but the most honest albums I've
heard. Whiney sometimes perhaps, but aren't we all sometimes. But even
beyond those two albums how can you not love songs like "A Quick One",
"Goin' Mobile" and all the others.  As well as the Entwistle tunes (I've
always enjoyed a sick sense of humor), as well as one of my all time
favorites by Keith "Cobwebs and Strange". I could probably say more but
I've probably said enough.

Laura Plummer				* "For a start, the band is much
Graduate School of Lib and Info Sci	*  more handsome since I joined."
University of Texas at Austin		* --Sid Vicious, on replacing Glenn
liquid@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu		*   Matlock in The Sex Pistols