Re: Psychoderelict Ripoff (fwd)

On Tue, 21 Feb 1995, Paul M. Moriarty wrote:

> 	I am very annoyed that Psychoderelict has the talking throughout
> the cd, but what's worse is that you can't program it out. Then I find

What's wrong with the talking PT put there as part of the album and
concept. The only reason it got reissued without is that many people
could not make sense of it and thus PT was forced to put out the music
only version. Both are good. Maybe I've read to much by PT, but the
talking version makes perfect sense to me. But sometimes I just want the
music so I own both. What's the problem.
 As for your other complaint (ie TKAA) I agree completely. The record
companies have done this time and time again and probably will continue
to.  Look at what they've done with the Beatle's recordings. The execs
even said that they would wait to put out the better, more expensive
version untill they milked the crappy one for all it was worth. If you
have any ideas of how to stop this I'm sure we'd love to hear them.  God
knows I'm sick enough of what the industry has done to the artist and the
music.

Laura Plummer				* "For a start, the band is much
Graduate School of Lib and Info Sci	*  more handsome since I joined."
University of Texas at Austin		* --Sid Vicious, on replacing Glenn
liquid@fiat.gslis.utexas.edu		*   Matlock in The Sex Pistols