Young Man Blues on TKAA

> >I was wondering about the "the Kids are Alright" soundtrack.  What concert
> > is "young Man Blues" taken from.  It sounds incredible.
>
> My memory tells me its from Woodstock.  In the film, I remember Pete
> et al wearing all the same gear as the Sparks, Pinball Wizard and See Me, Feel
> Me sequences (which are definately Woodstock).
>
> I also really like this version on the soundtrack.  I never really was
> into "Sparks" as a song by itself until I saw TKAA the first time.
> Now I want to crank it up, blow out my speakers and shatter the
> windows every time I hear it. :)

This version (and my favorite of the commercial versions) is from the
London Coliseum December 1969.  What tells me that it's NOT
woodstock is Keith Moon's bass drumheads.  At Woodstock, they had
The WHO logo in big yellow letters that stood out.  While on YMB,
the drumheads are plain.  The camera angles are also different.
Didn't Townshend wear the same plain working clothes for every show
back then?

Speaking of Sparks, it's my highlight of the movie.  To this day I
listen to the bass solo 3-4 times a sitting.  It's just SOOOO
incredible the way the solo molds with the band.  There are times
where it missed (like in Amsterdam '69) but Sparks at Woodstock was
magic.

There is a show on VH-1 called "Four On The Floor" where you have
various rock critics voice their mostly wrong opinions on music.
There is one guy (J. D. [Somebody]) who writes for the Baltimore Sun
and Rolling Stone that said the original Woodstock was made up of
average bands (aside from CCR, the Band, and Hendrix) that played poorly.
What is he talking about?  I always thought the Who gave the best
performance at Woodstock but I could be slightly bias.  Of course it
doesn't suprise me, the guy loves Zeppelin.