CUSTOM HIWATT 100 RE: Guitars

I use a HIWATT guitar amp, and they are the best.  I never liked Marshall
amplifiers (always thought they were way overrated), but a HIWATT could be
described as having the power of a Marshall combined with the tone of a
Fender.  Don't buy the new ones though, they use shortcuts with electronics
(PC boards and such).
     I've tried the old Gibson SG's with the single coil pickups and they  do
sound great (distort well but still get a clear, ringing tone).
 Unfortunately, the necks are very, very unstable.  Too bad you can't get the
newer style SG's with the old pickups in them. Hmmmm.....

                                                 Shawn