Re: guitars (tech talk)

>     He moved to a Gibson SG during the late 60'.  Just listening to LAL
>     lets you know that he used these for their ferocious dynamic range.  I
>     think I remember reading somewhere that he also used them because they
>     were easier to repair than Ricks... :)

Just like to add that Pete's SGs had single coil pickups not humbuckers.
Maybe part of why Pete gradually moved away from them is that Gibson
stopped making these particular SGs around '71, and Pete had to buy up all
the remaining ones!

Lest we forget the main ingredient in the glory days... CUSTOM HIWATT 100.

And could someone tell me what distortion Pete used in the '70s.  Probably
just a booster of some sort.

>     I would also love a comprehensive list of the guitars used on tour, if
>     anyone knows of one that exists.

The November 1977 issue of Guitar Player has a very nice article on the
development of the Who's sound system, including instruments.

Joe