RE: A more informative introduction

DJF--

I second that motion!  Just the last few days, particular with the reprisal of
the "search for PDBT's address", I've been thinking "FAQ?  FAQ, anyone?" (I, too
am a bit of an Internet novice -- well, quite one, but in case you don't know
yet, that stands for "Frequently Asked Questions" -- many listservs like ours
have something along these lines).  It is *not* runde or offensive of you to
bring this up, it is simply practical, not to mention a relief for newbies (as
we both were once) who are unsure of the relevance/possible repetition of their
questions (i.e. "I don't mean to ask this, but").

I have long felt that this list is a friendly place for healthy debate, exchange
of ideas and information.  Additionally, I have observed that we represent a
wide range of interests concerning the Who and its individual members, as well
as a range of knowledge and experience with the band.  Joe, Alan, and a host of
others who undoubtedly have a collection and history of Who experiences that
would put many of us to shame, kindly share their enthusiasm with those on the
list who have just discovered the gifts of PDBT et al!  And then, most of us
fall somewhere between these extremes ;^)

In sum, I think we need to have some FAQ-ish mechanism in place to accommodate
new subscribers and/or less knowledgable list mmbers.  I am certain we *all*
would learn something from this information once we pool it all together in one
place!

Let me add that I am uncertain how to set up a FAQ, or even how one would access
it.  Perhaps the subscribe message idea is a good one, but eventually (or even
now) there would simply be too much information to add include in it -- anyone
else have any suggestions/more knowledge about FAQs (I'm sure y'all do!)!!

Thanks and have a good day,

Cheryl