Re: Band Contact ("Brush with Greatness")

Well, not me, but my former roommate Steve used to work in a
bookstore on Chicago's near north side.  This would be back in
ought-'83 or thereabouts.  Because of the store's location
between Rush Street and the Oak Street beach, it would get a few
celebrities dropping by.

One day the celebrity was Pete Townsend.  Steve asked him to wait
a minute and ran down to Rose Records -- "Quick, where's the Pete
Townsend album?  He's in my store!"  When people asked where, he
thought better of it and pointed them the wrong way.  He went
back and got the record signed, and sold Pete an autographed copy
of Ringo Starr's bio.  (PT: "These things go up in value.")

				Matt Crawford