Re: best who live boot

>You wrote:
>>
>>Date: Tue, 26 Dec 1995 17:23:44 -0600 (CST)
>>From: tbellmer@sky.net (Tom Bellmer)
>>Subject: Best Live Boot?
>>
>>What do you believe is the best live Who boot CD?  I'd like to
>>find something in the '71 - '78 timeframe.  All responses will
>>be appreciated.
>*************
>
>my $.02  - Tales from the Who- 12/73- IMHO best sound best set list
>
>also, what is considered the best 71 boot out there?

Mike & Tom:

I suppose that Young Vic is the best sounding `71 boot, although it's not
great. San Francisco 1971 is close, though again it's pretty muddy. The best
sounding live award must go to Pure Rock Theater, which I got today and am
still working my way through. Fantastic, that one. Happy Xmas, indeed! I got
Taking The Capitol as well...AND the remastered gold EMPTY GLASS.
But PRT falling somewhat short of the time period involved...I think that
Pinball Wizard (which is also Tales, and Taking The Capitol, too) is the
best sounding version of the Largo Md concert, although it's shorter by
three (or four, if you count I Am The Sea) songs. Also, Tales & TTC are both
offspeed about 2%. Not a big deal, but it makes me glad that my CD player
has a pitch control.

  Cheers                               ML