Re: What to include on the live set

In a message dated 95-12-17 22:39:45 EST, Chris writes:

>I say we need a 20-cd live box set.  ...

>Or, we could have ten double-cd sets, each covering a different
>set of shows or period of time.<

I echo Chris' sentiments.  I don't think it will happen, but multiple sets of
live shows would be heaven.  I know I'm not the only person willing to drop
$40-50 for a double live set; boot makers seem to be more than solvent, even
with very limited runs.  Problem is  trying to get the big companies to see
that even esoterica can be profitable.

I'd rather see a number of double CD sets than one big set, though, just so I
don't have to mortgage the house.  Individual concerts would also keep down
the packaging costs, which might be more attractive to the producers.  They
might also limit that nasty tendency to edit.  I was seriously p.o.'d to
discover the version of "Bargain" on the 30 Years collection was nothing more
than an edited Odds and Sods cut.

As for what shows:  I'll take anything listenable. (I already have the
unlistenable ones.)  I'd especially like a Quad show where the backing tapes
don't work--which was most of them.  "Lover Reign O're Me" is half a Quad
show CD and Roger's desperate patter (with Pete's growls in the background)
as they try to fix the tape, is priceless.  Guess it's that sick sense of
humor....

BTW, How about a subscription service?  "Time-Life presents The Who
Concerts"??

Mick