Re: It could be so Pure and Easy....

Chad, re:

>WFang, if your talking with people who are actually resposible for the
>release of the live material, mention this to them- even if it's not what
you
>are looking for.

While I often have my own opinions (and sometimes very strong ones), in this
regard, I just summerized everyone's opinions and presented them as various
"options". (ie for the "bonus tracks" for "Who By Numbers", I presented them
with * Pete demos of the album,  * live tracks from WBN,  * out-takes,  *
tracks that may be left off "Odds & Sods", etc.) My goal there was to fill 40
minutes of an otherwise short disc with good material. Personally, it can go
in a LOT of different directions, but what I DON'T want is a 37 minute CD,
knowing what else they can fill it with.

On the other hand, there's "right and wrong" on this live thing. My gut is,
that after all's said and done with the remasters, MORE live albums will
follow. After all, what will they release in the future? I don't really care
what they release, except...

We don't need more "greatest hits"

It must have "The Relay"

And, the sound quality and performance should be noteworthy.

Otherwise, what's the point?

I do feel strongly that "Tommy: Live At Leeds" or the 2CD "Tommy" (one
studio, one Leeds) is the correct way to go.

So... they met over all this, they discussed it, and very possibly "Tommy at
Leeds" will be a reality and... "A Quick One" will be done right!!! (My
personal peave)

I also forwarded them the names and #'s of the "King Biscuit" people, who
have some interesting tapes in their warehouse...

Oh, and btw, some of the "less polished" mistakes are OK by me. I would have
left Roger's "intro" to "See Me Feel Me" on the box. Who cares if his voice
cracked. It was good enough live!

We'll see...

wf