replacing Moon

Reading one of the other posts returned to my mind a thought that I've had
for years.  When Moonie died the Who had available a nearly perfect choice
and overlooked him in favor of a "more friendly" face by hiring Kenny.  Now,
I have to point out that I am a Kenny Jones fan... His work with the Faces
and Rod Stewart's solo work is amazing.  What hapened to him?  I think he
just started to show his age, like everyone does.  But, I think Barrimore
Barlow of Jethro Tull would've been the closest The Who could've come to
replacing Moon.  His stick-work with Tull ws always original and quite
impressive (and he was especially good at the odd time signatures).  And
wasn't it about the same time that Moon died that Ian Anderson fired him
from Jethro Tull?

Actually, now that I think about it, he may have been fired in early 1980...
Too late to replace Moon anyway.

He would've been a great choice though.

Heath