Re: Live at BBC

On Tue, 5 Dec 1995, Rider in the Night wrote:
> Does anyone know how the quality is on the bootleg Live at the BBC of The
> Who is? If you don't know what I'm talking about it has songs like Leaving
> Here and about 29 others. Would this be worth purchasing? Thanks.

Songs:
Just you'n'me, Leavin' here, Good lovin', Anyway anyhow, Good's gone, MG,
Lalalies, Man w/$$, Subst., Dancing in the street, Disguises, I'm a boy,
So sad about us, Run run run, Boris, Happy Jack, See my way, I can't
reach you, Our love was, I can see for miles, Pictures of Lily,
Summertime blues, I'm free, the Seeker, Shakin' all over, Substitute,
Pinball Wizard.  27 in total.  As far as I remember the sound quality is
decent but not great; the bass is quite bouncy on Good Lovin', however.

I don't remember what the deal is with the two substitutes, and as I'm in
the middle of my annual 'Let's listen to all my discs in alphabetical
order' event, I can't check since the disc you're asking about is in W
and I'm not even halfway through B (Well, not even a fifth done with B.
But there are lots of B's, you know).
I think the Maximum BBC disc (if that's the one you've seen) is worth
buying; it's got some songs that you can't get anywhere else, and
versions you most certainly will not get elsewhere.

--Lev.