Re: My $.02 on the live disks...

>1.  I think it is unconscionable that ANY Kenny Jones-era or "Reunion" tour
>material whatsoever be put on the live set, as there is already a two-disk
>set  of both available ("Who's Last" and "Join Together"),

I think that if you realize that Townshend's guitar playing is more engaging
by '79 compared to, say, his pot-mellowed '67 playing makes the Jones stuff
worth it. Not to mention that the better recordings make it easier to hear
what Entwistle's playing.

Besides, can't you discern between '79 and '82 Jones stuff? `Who's Last' is
shit. Even the beautiful highlights like `Love Reign...' get infected by the
compressed sound and, admittedly, lame half-opened high hat Jones drumming.
But the `Music Must Change' from Chicago '79 is great.

I'll also admit that the horns spoil some of the '79 stuff. As well as when
Bundrick is playing piano sounds. I mean, the most appropriate use for piano
-- on `Drowned' -- is messed up because he doesn't catch the C7 part of the
riff -- at least on the stuff I've heard.