Re: God Bless Ye, Kenney Jones!

Gary Sumpter recently wrote:

>No, we can't blame Kenney Jones for any weakness we perceive in the
>post-Moon Who - it falls squarely on Pete Townshend's shoulders.  As
>Daltrey said toward the end of his concert in August '94 concert in
>Toronto:  "You should all write him letters."

I have said this for some time now (thanks, Gary). Post-Moon Who faltered in
the ways it did because Townshend lost the drive to carry it on. Maybe
that's good and maybe that's bad.  I dunno. What I do know is that the 79-80
stuff with Jones was outstanding rock and roll, and this is no slight to
Keith.  That's why any live retrospective has got to have Jones-era Who
stuff in it. The boots I've heard from 79-80 are high points in my Who
collection, and I'd want to see the years covered in any official
collection.

Jim